The woman on the bookshop till
says The Great Gatsby is her favourite book
she says she's got three copies
I've bought it on a whim, with
The Princess Bride and a book
that Murakami recommends
I'll get round to them all at some point, probably
I was early for a dental appointment
a filling in a back molar, poor
time-keeping, so I shopped
because I can, and because
it's sunny at last and I can buy
books on a whim now
I bought some bread from the market
too, the guy tried small-talk
but it isn't my thing, I smiled politely
At times like this, say something non-committal
I haven't read The Great Gatsby
in about twenty years, a girlfriend
borrowed my copy
She's gone on to do more
with her life than me. I wonder
why the woman on the counter has three copies
Comments
Post a Comment