I know, I know, it's serious
because as the
well-worn groove
on the embassy carpet
springs slowly back to life
and diplomats debate
what to do with the space
a work gym, maybe
a selection of plants
to improve the atmosphere
somewhere
at last
to put the coffee machine
an elderly argument
wheezes back into life
between those who are little older
now, maybe a little less
inclined to forgive and
those who never forgave
and who always remember
what it feels like and always remember
what it felt like when their comrades
made excuses because who'd
have thought their hero
would end up as a sex pest in a cupboard
I know, I know, it's serious
because as the
well-worn groove
on the embassy carpet
springs slowly back to life
and diplomats debate
what to do with the space
a work gym, maybe
a selection of plants
to improve the atmosphere
somewhere
at last
to put the coffee machine
an elderly argument
wheezes back into life
between those who are little older
now, maybe a little less
inclined to forgive and
those who never forgave
and who always remember
what it feels like and always remember
what it felt like when their comrades
made excuses because who'd
have thought their hero
would end up as a sex pest in a cupboard
I know, I know, it's serious
Comments
Post a Comment