Fresh from my triumphant social media post (3 likes!) I decided that what the world really needed was my hot take on the Royal wedding.
This presented some difficulty, as with the best will in the world, I could summon up only a bored indifference, and it seemed to me that only wry acknowledgement of the pageantry or an ascetic aloofness would do. All other responses seemed somehow excessive
Pleased at my alliteration, I opted for the latter. Fake it 'til you make it, as no one ever said to me. So, hitting the keyboard and rubbing my hands with glee, I prepared to mildly skewer the monarchy with frosty disdain. This unique approach would, undoubtedly, cement my position as a pre-eminent commentator of my age.
Some hours later, I had viewed a number of videos of skateboarding cats/ but the social media post had garnered two more likes. This, I decided, was a reasonable day's work.
This presented some difficulty, as with the best will in the world, I could summon up only a bored indifference, and it seemed to me that only wry acknowledgement of the pageantry or an ascetic aloofness would do. All other responses seemed somehow excessive
Pleased at my alliteration, I opted for the latter. Fake it 'til you make it, as no one ever said to me. So, hitting the keyboard and rubbing my hands with glee, I prepared to mildly skewer the monarchy with frosty disdain. This unique approach would, undoubtedly, cement my position as a pre-eminent commentator of my age.
Some hours later, I had viewed a number of videos of skateboarding cats/ but the social media post had garnered two more likes. This, I decided, was a reasonable day's work.
Comments
Post a Comment