The voicemail had been exciting. The Editor's tones were as icy as ever, but it was a relief to hear them. I'd started to wonder if I ever would again.
"I'd like to see you, we have a project to discuss, can you make Tuesday, 1.30?"
I'd made a careful note on the otherwise blank pages of the diary I'd bought more in hope than expectation from Poundland and responded carefully (via email, I didn't trust my voice) that I would be able to free some time up.
It took two days for her response, also via email:
Due to the tone of your response, and the fact that you misspelled the word "delighted" I have no option but to cancel our Tuesday meeting. Whilst I appreciate the rapidity of your response, I feel ultimately that this meeting is inappropriate at this time.
I sat back and looked at the screen. Inappropriate? Tone? Blowing air out I called up my original email. There didn't seem anything particularly offensive there. I'd managed to refrain from signing off with an x. Almost immediately the alert of a new email flashed up.
I'm pleased to inform you that the meeting is now back on, I look forward to constructively pursuing our working relationship, which will, I feel, be of great mutual benefit.
This was getting out of hand. I stared at the screen waiting to see if any other messages were forthcoming. After half an hour's solid staring I concluded that, for the time being, the answer seemed to be no.
"I'd like to see you, we have a project to discuss, can you make Tuesday, 1.30?"
I'd made a careful note on the otherwise blank pages of the diary I'd bought more in hope than expectation from Poundland and responded carefully (via email, I didn't trust my voice) that I would be able to free some time up.
It took two days for her response, also via email:
Due to the tone of your response, and the fact that you misspelled the word "delighted" I have no option but to cancel our Tuesday meeting. Whilst I appreciate the rapidity of your response, I feel ultimately that this meeting is inappropriate at this time.
I sat back and looked at the screen. Inappropriate? Tone? Blowing air out I called up my original email. There didn't seem anything particularly offensive there. I'd managed to refrain from signing off with an x. Almost immediately the alert of a new email flashed up.
I'm pleased to inform you that the meeting is now back on, I look forward to constructively pursuing our working relationship, which will, I feel, be of great mutual benefit.
This was getting out of hand. I stared at the screen waiting to see if any other messages were forthcoming. After half an hour's solid staring I concluded that, for the time being, the answer seemed to be no.
Comments
Post a Comment