Distracted, I needed coffee. There was a place on ther corner I occasionally visited, and after a brief chat with the barista (which doesn't really need to be gone in to, it was quite dull) I stood watching the drips of espresso fall into my waiting cup, it was then that I got the idea.
"What do you think" I said, "about the idea of a man whi's finally achieved an ambition of some sort, some sort of apotheosis, only, in the moment of his triumph, he gets hit in the head by a piece of descending Chinese spacecraft?" What pathos, I thought, smiling as the last drip hit the crema.
"Dude, that was last week" he said, unsmiling, as he handed me my drink. "And no one says apotheosis. £2.70 please."
"What do you think" I said, "about the idea of a man whi's finally achieved an ambition of some sort, some sort of apotheosis, only, in the moment of his triumph, he gets hit in the head by a piece of descending Chinese spacecraft?" What pathos, I thought, smiling as the last drip hit the crema.
"Dude, that was last week" he said, unsmiling, as he handed me my drink. "And no one says apotheosis. £2.70 please."
Comments
Post a Comment