The maps were spread wide over the kitchen table, with the sites of attacks circled in marker. "The problem as I see it" I said "is one of escalation versus inaction. We need to decide whether there's a moral case for intervention or whether, post-Libya, we need any more actors in an already complex conflict. If chemical attacks are confirmed, that surely is the final straw; but shouldn't we be actively pursuing a policy of de-escalation? In short, what's the least worst option?" I sketched a few notes. This, surely, after years of failure, would be the blog post that made my name.
The theme tune from the Archers played and my wife dried a pan meaningfully.
"Don't forget the boys need picking up from Cubs" she said.
The theme tune from the Archers played and my wife dried a pan meaningfully.
"Don't forget the boys need picking up from Cubs" she said.
Comments
Post a Comment