A blackboard outside a palace
familiar names and odds and
a steady queue of punters
backing Alice, Arthur, Mary
a few, more sporting
risk Diana at 14/1, short odds
to my mind, as I pull out a fiver
what price on Crystal?
The bookie, carefully blank
offers me 2000/1
I think again. Rihanna? Jayden?
the same number offered you're
not showing much imagination
I say, offer 10,000, get the
punters in, make them feel
part of it it's
the People's foetus, after all
and you're giving me
Victoria, Elizabeth, Frederick
I mean, Frederick?
At sixteens? You're having a laugh
unless it's
some subconscious hankering
for Saxe - Coburg - Gotha
doesn't seem likely to
be honest, I mean they've
dropped primogeniture
hardly likely to go back to the Vaterland
this is a forward looking
monarchy equipped for a new
world, broad sunlit etc
cheer up, we'll all be fine
I thought we wouldn't
for a bit but this kid's
a commodity, a valuable one
everyone's smiling again, look at them
So I'll have a fiver on Nigel
in a sense, we all have
no, don't give me the odds
it'll be a lovely surprise
familiar names and odds and
a steady queue of punters
backing Alice, Arthur, Mary
a few, more sporting
risk Diana at 14/1, short odds
to my mind, as I pull out a fiver
what price on Crystal?
The bookie, carefully blank
offers me 2000/1
I think again. Rihanna? Jayden?
the same number offered you're
not showing much imagination
I say, offer 10,000, get the
punters in, make them feel
part of it it's
the People's foetus, after all
and you're giving me
Victoria, Elizabeth, Frederick
I mean, Frederick?
At sixteens? You're having a laugh
unless it's
some subconscious hankering
for Saxe - Coburg - Gotha
doesn't seem likely to
be honest, I mean they've
dropped primogeniture
hardly likely to go back to the Vaterland
this is a forward looking
monarchy equipped for a new
world, broad sunlit etc
cheer up, we'll all be fine
I thought we wouldn't
for a bit but this kid's
a commodity, a valuable one
everyone's smiling again, look at them
So I'll have a fiver on Nigel
in a sense, we all have
no, don't give me the odds
it'll be a lovely surprise
Comments
Post a Comment