I am not the man that is clearly me
I know I seem to be
I am the same height, build, hair
if you see me run my gait's the same
but I'm not him
Before I left for work
this morning I kissed
my wife, told her I loved her
I bent down and spoke
encouraging words to a beggar
as I slipped him a fiver
sponsored a colleague's
triathlon. Fifty quid, bosh.
The man that's clearly me, though
exists elsewhere some
other world
where worse things happen
unimaginable things
in his world, people get
pushed under buses and
we all wait for war but tonight
I attended a fundraiser for kids
with autism, I think
So I couldn't act like that,
you see
I couldn't possibly be me
I know I seem to be
I am the same height, build, hair
if you see me run my gait's the same
but I'm not him
Before I left for work
this morning I kissed
my wife, told her I loved her
I bent down and spoke
encouraging words to a beggar
as I slipped him a fiver
sponsored a colleague's
triathlon. Fifty quid, bosh.
The man that's clearly me, though
exists elsewhere some
other world
where worse things happen
unimaginable things
in his world, people get
pushed under buses and
we all wait for war but tonight
I attended a fundraiser for kids
with autism, I think
So I couldn't act like that,
you see
I couldn't possibly be me
Comments
Post a Comment