It was a hopeful set of words
slung together and cast
out into the churn of response
he thought
it's a liferaft of figleaves
and knew it to be
a ridiculous thought
even as he thought it
clinging to the lectern
as to life itself
he could hear the sounds
he made, dimly
as though through hair gel
I don't know if I can
carry on the thoughts
he thought the
words he spoke
then ceased to
he finished, blinking
unable
the silence swallowed him whole
slung together and cast
out into the churn of response
he thought
it's a liferaft of figleaves
and knew it to be
a ridiculous thought
even as he thought it
clinging to the lectern
as to life itself
he could hear the sounds
he made, dimly
as though through hair gel
I don't know if I can
carry on the thoughts
he thought the
words he spoke
then ceased to
he finished, blinking
unable
the silence swallowed him whole
Comments
Post a Comment