I wandered lonely etc
not really taking it in
if I'm honest
a little preoccupied
with late mortgage payments
dental bills, the usual
so the daffodils passed me by
I'm afraid
but imagine my joy
when clinging to the bank
on the bend of a fast flowing
brook I discovered
a twisted specimen
at first I thought
hazel, rowan maybe
but no
the magic money tree
there it was
all its gnarled glory
dropping fifties
eddying in the breeze
a man, portly, stately
grey-jowled, stooped by it
stuffing them in a bowler hat
"luxury confetti!" he laughed
"oh it does your heart good
doesn't it?" quite
brightened my day
and as I walked
my heart grew light
at the thought
that in the pinch
something normally turns up
not really taking it in
if I'm honest
a little preoccupied
with late mortgage payments
dental bills, the usual
so the daffodils passed me by
I'm afraid
but imagine my joy
when clinging to the bank
on the bend of a fast flowing
brook I discovered
a twisted specimen
at first I thought
hazel, rowan maybe
but no
the magic money tree
there it was
all its gnarled glory
dropping fifties
eddying in the breeze
a man, portly, stately
grey-jowled, stooped by it
stuffing them in a bowler hat
"luxury confetti!" he laughed
"oh it does your heart good
doesn't it?" quite
brightened my day
and as I walked
my heart grew light
at the thought
that in the pinch
something normally turns up
Comments
Post a Comment